Featured Post

Mental-Verse - Prologue

Shuffling up the stairs towards my apartment I can't help but rub at my eye, the numbness in the left side of my slowly wearing off as d...

Wednesday 18 September 2024

The Swap Cafe - Part Three

"Right" the dark haired woman snaps, stepping up beside the redhead with a glare. "You two are done and dusted right? Good..." she huffs, not even letting us give our response. "Thirty days, You..." she declares, pointing to Bronwyn in my body. "You will be back here at this time in thirty days. And You..." she continues, pointing back at me. "You can be back in thirty days to reclaim your body,  otherwise enjoy your new life Bronwyn" she states in a matter of fact tone.

We all watch as the dark haired woman storms off to the door, opening it up as the world beyond shows a rather bright street filled with trees along the median strip.

"You!" She snaps, pointing at me. "This is your stop, off ya go."

My heart leaps into my throat, my eyes darting around behind the clarifying glass lens as I look over the others standing around expectantly. My head buzzes as I look up at them all, even the other women in the cafe being at least an inch taller than my new self as my mind strains to accept my new height.

"Wa... wait..." I squeak, eliciting a giggle from the redhead as she seems to relish my panic and confusion. "I don't know where I... where I even live, or how to put on makeup, or how to wear..." I blabber, clamming up as the dark haired woman storms over with a scowl.

"Ya body will remember that stuff okay" she huffs, reaching out to grab my wrist before yanking my forward and placing a hand against the small of my back. My hips rock from side to side, my chest bouncing violently as I'm raced towards the door.

"Now hurry up and get!" the dark haired woman yaps, finishing our little march with a hard shove. "We've got to set up for the..."


As I stagger out into the warm and blindingly bright sun I listen as the grumbling of the dark haired woman and the giggling of the redhead are quickly replaced with the sound of rustling leaves and the passing of cars. Chatter fills the street, the main road lined with cafes and stores bustling with customers on this bright and sunny morning.

Squinting through the stinging sunlight I whip around, my face filling with brightly dyed hair as I feel my body jiggle with the sudden motions. My mouth parts slightly, my eyes going wide as I stare into the bare and dusty shop and the 'For Rent' sign sitting in the window.

"What the..." I wheeze softly, blinking rapidly as I slowly come to focus on my own new reflection in the window itself. I wriggle from side to side, watching as my pale bust sloshes inside the tight restraints of the lacy black bra. Turning to the side my jaw drops, my hand reaching down to the bottom rem of the tank top as I lift it slightly.

My belly hangs a little bit ahead of me, the bloat forming a muffin top over the tight blue jeans as I wince at the sight of the red line tracing its way around my waist. My ass is huge, the jeans straining over the plump flabby checks and my equally juicy thighs as though they may be a size or so too small.

"Fuck... me..." I mutter, my brown eyes wide as I search myself for any semblance of my former self only to come up short. Standing in the reflection of the window is simply a soft and somewhat doughy pale and exhausted young woman, the sight of her mirroring my strange movements causing my cheeks to grow red with embarrassment.

Looking around I find myself immediately hit with a wave of self-consciousness, the eyes of passing pedestrians glancing at me as I stand and stare at my own reflection in the busy street. As my face begins to burn with embarrassment I also feel the heat from the sun above and exhaustion begin to grip me, the sweat around my soft and supple body building as my pale flesh bakes in the light.

The street itself looks like some part of the town or city center, the wide multi-laned road being separated with planter boxes filled with tulips and wildflowers along with old wide trees providing a quaint canopy and shade above. Red brick and plaster shops and town houses line the street, the various century old buildings standing in all shapes and sizes as various little lane ways and smaller streets split off from the arterial road.

A loud chirping bell rings out further down the road, a large antique street car pulling out from a stop down across an intersection before vanishing down another street. My feet ache in the cheap black sneakers as I stare at the trolley roll away, my eyes darting to the covered stop and refusing to look away as I think about sitting in the seat. With an awkward shuffle and waddle I tiredly shuffle towards the intersection, weaving a little through the moving crowds as I try to get my bearings.

In the distance I can barely spot the main road opening up, curving away from a large lawn as some sort of bell tower looms overhead.


As I reach the stop I plunge down onto the old wooden seat, my ass acting as a strange warm cushion white the wooden slats of the bench leave my shifting in discomfort against the seat. Patting down my pockets I let out a yelp, my gaze locking to my long black nails as I notice the chipping polish properly for the first time.

"Gotta be..." I mutter, sliding my hand into my pocket as I pull out a small budget smart phone. "C... careful..." I finish, my shoulders slumping as I stare at the heavily cracked screen. Still the phone flashes to life all the same as I'm met with the sight of Bronwyn's background, a large looming red dragon mid fire breath.

The phone unlocks after a brief pause, a little smiling icon letting my know my face was recognized. Hundreds of unread emails immediately harangue the home screen, the email app requiring a '100+' icon above it as it refuses to count any higher. Sighing to myself my thumb hovers over the app, a loud yawn forcing itself out of my body quickly dispelling any chance of attending to the emails.

"Later..." I mumble, rubbing my itching eyes as I quickly open up the notes app. A low rumbling begins to approach me as another trolley rolls up with a little rattling shake, the folding doors popping open with a little chime as I heave my heavy and tired body up from the seat and quickly clamber inside.

Standing with my arm wrapped around a nearby pole, my chest squishing against the cold metal awkwardly, I continue to fiddle with my phone. With the notes app open I make a new document, my nails clicking against the screen as I quickly make a little table.

 

Bronwyn

Pros                                                                    Cons

 

"Thirty days" I muses, biting at my waxy lipstick stained lower lip with a smirk. "Gotta make a decision in the next month if I want..." I continue, glancing down at the heavy pale mounds resting in the lacy bra and jiggling constantly with the gentle jittering of the trolley.

I barely have enough time to even beginning the list as the doors swing open, my body jumping a little automatically as I find myself looking out at a large open lawn flanked my a blend of old turn of the century redbrick buildings blended with modern designs of glass and black metal.

A horde of young men and women stand outside the trolley doors, all looking up at me as if expecting me to move. I barely even think of what I'm doing as I quickly shuffle off the street car, the horde of backpack and messenger bag wearing commuters quickly taking my place aboard as they begin to jostle for prime position around the aging vehicle.

Looking around in confusion I sot the stop sign, a long green and white nameplate reading

Stop 12: Halesford College Main Gate

As the streetcar pulls away I feel an urgent need to get out of the sun, my ghostly pale flesh threatening to burn quickly under the harsh light outside. Wandering towards the main entrance I find myself shuffling past students racing in and out of the building either rushing to classes out home after an early morning lecture. Some simply sit out on the lawn, enjoying the morning sun as they eat an overpriced breakfast bowl.

As if on auto pilot I find myself moving through the campus in a daze, quickly entering and walking straight through the main entrance before crossing through a series of old buildings filled with small class rooms and the occasional lecture theater. A large newly built building with walls of glass passes by as I glance inside, the towering three story structure standing filled to the brim with books on the upper two floors while students mill about around tables and desks on the lower floor.

I soon find myself following a path around and over a small hill, the less densely built up area of the campus featuring the occasional group of students investigating the tall fences surrounding a small community garden. Cresting the hill I spot a parking lot in the distance, an old long set of mid-century units sitting just before the sea of vehicles separated by a relatively new wooden fence.

The building itself is only two stories tall, a cheaply built set of apartments that looked more like a temporary structure that simply never got torn down or replaced. A small fork in the path leads me down a dirt trail, the accidental pathway terminating at a rather plain and tall wooden gate with a small black box beside it.

Patting down my pockets I quickly find a little blue rubber band, the clingy strap containing some kind of RFID chip in a rounded bulbous mound. Reaching up to the black box with it I hear a little digital beep, a loud click soon following as the gate swings back a little under it's own weight. With a shove I push it open, shuffling inside as I spot a large hand written sign on the side of the block of units.

PLEASE CLOSE THE GATE <3

Pouting a little at the need for the sign I gently push the gate behind me, listening out as I hear it bounce back into place before rattling against its lock. Shuffling along, fiddling with the blue band between my delicate fingers, I approach the first apartment. The corner unit features a little window beside the door, the view likely having been much better before the car park and eventual fence.

I wrack my brain as I try to remember if I had seen any other windows, the exhausted malaise gripping me making it hard to remember how I even got here.

"I need a coffee..." I mutter softly, reaching out to a familiar black box beside the door as it chimes just as the gate had. I grab the door handle and quickly twist it, a musty and unclean scent seeping out of the gap as I shuffle inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts