Featured Post

Mental-Verse - Prologue

Shuffling up the stairs towards my apartment I can't help but rub at my eye, the numbness in the left side of my slowly wearing off as d...

Sunday 15 September 2024

The Swap Cafe - Part One

Tapping my fingers against the aging antique hardwood table I glance around the cramped and busy pop-up cafe, the scant few other tables lining the new and isolated shopfront being left empty aside from the delicate sterling silver tower resting upon each on. Delicate floral patterned china tea cups sit nestled within the filigree covered metal frame, the hand crafted tea sets appearing to be the most expensive item in the entire cafe.

The two staff plod around the cafe floor, alternating between investigating the men and women outside the door as they ask to see their invitation for the pop up only to turn practically all away. I watch as the lithe young tan redhead and the shorter curvy pale dark haired women calmly walk around the cafe, adjusting the tea sets as if trying to center them as perfectly as possible and checking in the back as I occasionally glimpse the sight of blonde strands popping into view through a window in the back.

"Good morning" coos a sultry voice that would leave most legs quivering like jelly, my gaze turning to the perky and slender redhead as she holds out a little plate with a slice of lemon cheese cake. The filling appears dotted with various herbs and spices, the flashes of greenery and ground darker spots giving the desert a more unique character.

"Oh... uh..." I mutter, my mind going blank as I look into the deep emerald pools staring down at me. "I didn't... didn't order..."

"It's a gift silly" she coos, holding a hand up to her mouth as she giggles into her palm. "A thank you from The Coven and an apology that you've needed to wait this long, most of our invitees are rather prompt considering our... services" she states, winking at me as she places the razor thin slice of cake in front of me.

"Th... thanks..." I muse, poking at the cake with a tiny fork as I try to inspect the green shapes inside.

"They'll help" the dark haired woman calls out, her wide hips swaying from side to side along with her apron as she approaches the front door to shoo away the next set of onlookers. "Ease you up inside I mean" she barks back, her rough and stern voice quickly turning from me to shout at the new arrivals to go away.

I take a bite of the cake as I watch the dark haired woman practically rip open the door, my eyes narrowing as I find myself looking out onto a rain slicked street despite the downright delightfully sunny weather I had wanted in with. As the creamy citrus bomb fills my mouth I feel my head swim and my stomach tingle, a fluttering in my chest following as I feel myself become almost dazed by the heady flavor.

"Don't worry" the dark haired woman calls out, her husky voice filling the room. "She'll be here soon, we know how to pick 'em"

"He picked this one" the redhead coos back from the kitchen, giggling once again.

"Yeah..." the dark haired woman snaps back, folding her arms under her generous chest. "But we found her first, so who really did the pickin' there?"


It had all started on the Bodyswap Memes subreddit, a simple meta discussion on some esoteric concept and what type of swaps those interested in the idea of body swapping would take or offer in some hypothetical cafe.

I'd posted myself, a longer than usual response as I thought out just what my conditions would be.

 

Some people say that your college years are the best of your life, and as someone who spent over a decade building a portfolio of degrees both undergraduate and post I can definitely agree.

However, I can understand why someone may not want to deal with all the hard work, the many years spent broke and struggling to balance life, a job, and study. Wouldn't it be nice to just 'skip to the good bit'?

I would be looking to swap with a young woman between the ages of 18-21, potentially for a month or so to test the fit before extending to a permanent swap should their life work well for me.

During the month I would ask they simply try not to screw anything up with my life, the option of taking leave to avoid my work in the period being on the table should they prefer a little holiday. If the swap turns permanent they can do whatever they wish with their new body and life

As for the background of the body, beyond the age range and being a woman (I've already done the whole college experience as a man and would want to do it from the other side of the gender fence this time), I would require that the other person is currently enrolled in college.

I would hate to waste the month doing applications and trying to get them prepared to undertake study, instead of actually getting a feel for their body and life over that period. The only exception would be someone who had recently graduated and was already accepted into college, the fact I could get in far more exploration and testing of the new life would certainly make up for the mere promise of study.

Where the body lives and/or intends to study would likely not be much of a consideration unless there were multiple swappers eager to try to hasten their path to a degree. After having lived in the big city all my life I would be more interested in living someplace slower paced, a smaller town or at least more rural city somewhere not smog filled and with some actual nature surrounding it. 

Regarding the body itself, I would honestly be open to pretty much any takers of the offer so long as they understood that I would have the decision at the end of the month as to whether it remains permanent. Weight, height, race, wealth, all these could matter but it would only really be taken into account at the end of the trial month.

Maybe I end up loving having the big belly of a BBW, or the shitty retail job of some meek young woman with a pretty face, or the coziness I can find being under five feet tall.

Sexuality and relationship status also wouldn't play much of a part in the initial decision to trial a swap, though it may end up causing my to bail at the end of the month if it simply didn't work out. Hobbies and interests may be a sticking point, unless the spell or conditions on it can give me the relevant skills or simply force me to comply with certain tasks.

Something like a condition that I 'must perform all ballet recitals to the same proficiency' as she would potentially making my body move on its own rather than me requiring the requisite skills.

Otherwise, the partner would either need to have hobbies that I could do such as gaming or ones that I could quickly learn to simply fumble my way through poorly while I tried to build the skills. 

 

After a single upvote I had left it behind, the little exercise serving as a nice distraction on a lazy weekend. However, after only a few minutes I had found myself with a message in my inbox, the message asking for me to look out for an invitation yet to come.

It had taken a few more days for it to arrive, the delicate hand crafted envelope with pretty little flowers and entwined vines having been painted along the edges. As I took the letter back up to my apartment I could feel something jostling inside, a heavy metal weight rolling around as I climbed the steps and raced back into my cozy little home.

As I opened the letter I watched as a little silver token rolled out, the crude hand-cast metal having a male figure on one side and a female figure on the other. A series of printed pages slide part way out, each containing a variety of comments and posts from various discussions across the internet, while a cute little hand written note slides free before falling into my lap.

Holding up the letter I'm met with the scent of lavender and jasmine tea, the hand inked cursive writing being accompanied by a little pouch of tea.

 

Dear Mr Hughes,

Do not worry about just who we know who you are, just know that we have decided to lend a helping hand. For a price, a modest sum we assure you, we can arrange for you to enjoy the life you so desired or at least have this 'month long trial' of which you speak.

Enclosed please find not only your pose, but also a series of potential 'partners' that we have deemed as appropriate match ups. Of course they will be paying in part for our services as well, though we presume you intended to pay the lion share.

We else enclose your like spiel, just so that you are aware of what we know.

Should you wish to take us up on our offer, please put your chosen partner's post back into this envelope and mail return to sender. We will endeavor to reach out and arrange a meeting shortly thereafter.

We hope to place you in your desire self with all due haste.

Kind regards,

The Coven.

 

The letter had sat on my desk for days, the handcrafted note being too nice to throw away even if it was a joke. However, as time went on my curiosity got the better of me as I began to read the print outs one after another. Before long I had found myself drawn to one, my heart skipping a beat as I read though it before I quickly slid it back into the envelope.

Scrawling 'RTS' on the back of the envelope I had dropped it into the mailbox that very afternoon, only to find it waiting for me under my door as I arrived home minutes later. Confused beyond belief, my door not even being the letter box for my apartment, I pulled the flimsy glue apart as I pulled out an entirely new letter.


Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for making your selection.

We assure you that she is just as eager to test out a new life, yours in particular.

Please bring your reservation token to 15/64 Green Street at 8am tomorrow.

Failure to show for your reservation may result in additional incurred costs or losing out on our offer entirely.

We hope to see you soon.

Hugs and Kisses,

The Coven.


It was how I had arrived here today, seated in the small cafe down an alleyway I had never heard about. The redhead and the dark haired woman had seemingly known just who I was, the little silver token being more of a formality as I had passed it over to gain entry to the shop.

The place seemed strangely positioned, like it had been suddenly forced into a crevice or space between two other buildings which otherwise should not be possible. The constant attempts to enter by random bystanders made me wonder just how long this cafe had been here, the confusion of passersby leading me to think it might have only just opened its door.

A little chime rings out as a set of footsteps stagger inside, heavy panting breathes following as the redhead practically skips up towards the front door.

"Sorry I'm late!" cries a shaking voice, her words fighting to come out between deep breathes. "I have my..."

"Thank you for showing up sweetie" the redhead coos, her words dripping with a painfully sweet tinge. "He's still here, I'll... just... take..." she chirps giddily, a giggle coming from her as I hear a two sets of footsteps begin to grow near.

"I'll see if Candace is ready with the tea, you two just wait... right... here..." the redhead chirps, pulling out a chair as I spin around to see...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts